Today’s challenges are tomorrow’s opportunities
Environmental, Social and Governance factors: integrated to invest with knowledge of the risks and opportunities
ESG factors impact investments and are integrated in the investment process
As a responsible investor, Degroof Petercam makes its voice heard through its fund and asset managers - Degroof Petercam Asset Management (DPAM) and Degroof Petercam Asset Services (DPAS)
Committed to long-term and sustainable finance
DPAM is a signatory to the Principles of Responsible Investment promoted by the United Nations since 2011. Through its international branches, the fund and asset manager is an active member of collaborative and dynamic global networks that all share a common goal: responsible finance.
Alert: Minimum 3+ images needed for the slider
Alert: Please start Adding Images at bottom
We offer clients tailor-made solutions that range from high-level integration of ESG factors to best practices and exclusion-based approaches. There are two key approaches:
- Responsible investment: explicitly acknowledges the relevance of ESG criteria and the long-term solidity and stability of markets (ESG integration).
- Sustainable investment: applies ESG criteria that impact the eligibility of investments, notably through some exclusions (ESG engagement).
Our commitment to sustainability includes:
- Defending basic rights - UN Global Compact Principles
- Expressing an opinion on controversial activities
- Being a responsible stakeholder - promote transparency and best practices and engage in dialogue
As a shareholder and economic actor, we bear a personal social responsibility:
- We ensure that the rights of shareholders and other stakeholders are respected. Our voting policy / voting activity report details our approach to promoting best practices in terms of corporate governance.
- In keeping with our responsible investment policy and in order to foster shareholder responsibility, Degroof Petercam Asset Management has also adopted an engagement program to dialogue with the companies we invest in.
- While DPAM mainly adheres to a positive approach focusing on dialogue, engagement and impact, it is also important to take stock of controversial activities which are excluded from our sustainable and/or conventional strategies. Degroof Petercam Asset Management has also adopted a policy regarding controversial companies.